What To Buy For my Baby and What Does My New Baby Really Needs?
A growing number of ingenious gift givers have discovered a special kind of useful presents for new babies and their families.
Even you find many items for your new born baby in children stores and wshops, sometimes you ask yourself: “But what is it do I really need to buy for my new baby?”
While writing my latest article in my allgift.co blog found that this is a question a lot of new moms must ask themselves. (this sentence you will not write it in the allgifts.co blog post)
Having a new baby is a huge expense, and it is hard to stay on budget when you see all of the cute outfits in the stores. While all of the tiny things are really tempting to buy, please keep in mind that babies grow really fast. One of the biggest mistakes that new parents make is over shopping for clothes. Remember, you will probably keep baby in a lot during those first few months so cute outfits with matching hats and shoes may not get any use. Also if you are going to have a baby shower you will receive a lot of cute outfits fit for your little bundle of joy.
If you prepare a wish list and send it with the party invitation you not only help your friends finding a suitable gift for your baby but also you’ll avoid to get 2-3 times the same items or gifts you don’t really need.
A Shopping Guide for Mothers and New Born Babies
Below is a list of things that I put together as a guide for you to use while doing your shopping. Remember to do your shopping after your baby shower this way you will only buy what you need.
Health and Safety
- digital thermometer
- nasal aspirator
- infant acetaminophen drops
- baby monitor
- night lightBaby Care Products
- baby shampoo/baby wash
- diaper cream
- baby nail clippers or safety scissors
- baby oil/lotion
- baby brush and comb
- a couple of pacifiers (even if you don’t plan to use!)
Layette and Diapering
(put something like a star or something better before (infrond-beginning of the lines)all the items bellow and make links that opens to new tabs to the items we already have in the site behind the items too .. be carefull all links in the article to open in new tabs)
- newborn diapers/cloth diapers/wraps (different sizes) or set up diaper service if existing
- baby wipes and/or extra baby washcloths
- diaper pail
- burp cloths or extra cloth diapers
- gowns/kimonos or newborn sleepers (4-6)
- receiving blankets (4-6)
- swaddling blankets (2-3)
- crib blanket or quilt
- newborn socks or booties (4-6 pair)
- newborn cap (1-2)
- hooded bath towels and wash cloth
- 4-6 T-shirts or all-in-ones
- 1-2 sweaters or bunting (depending upon season)
- baby carrier (sling, wrap or pack carrier)
- infant seat (have to bring it to the hospital!)
- stroller or carriage
- bouncer seat or swing
- diaper bag
Furniture and Accessories
- co-sleeper/bassinet/cradle or crib
- mattress, waterproof pads, at least two sheets and other bedding
- changing table or other safe changing area
- mobile for the crib and/or changing area
- changing pad and 2 coversNursing Necessities
- nursing pillow
- washable or disposable nursing pads
- rental, electric or manual breast pump and storage bottles or bags if you plan to pump milk
- feeding bottles (2-4 4 oz to start), nipples, and bottle brush if you plan to use bottles
Below you will find a short list of things new moms will need to have on hand.
New Mother Care
- sitzbath herbs
- big box of extra-long maxi pads for locchia
- nursing nightgown or comfy cotton pajamas
- small tube of modified lanolin or other product to soothe sore nipples
- nursing bras (1-2 comfy nursing bras plus a sleep bra to take to the hospital — you can get more when your milk comes in, in case your size changes)
Other Good Ideas
pick out birth announcements (address envelopes before baby comes, if possible)
make a Belly Cast to remember this amazing time!
Also a good thing to know is that some of these accessories and gadgets are fun to have. Some of them even help make your life easier. However these are not must haves, all your baby really needs is your love and affection and your baby will grow and flourish. Remember you must have a car seat for baby, because the hospital will not let you leave without it! Plus you want to protect your little miracle in any way possible. Relax and enjoy this time with your precious baby because this time will never return.
If possible line up friends and family who will bring meals or come help you out at home after the baby is born (and a good friend to coordinate) and/or hire a doula to help. This way you can spend even more time just worrying about the baby, while someone else worries about YOU!
You can find all these above easy and in the best prices and quality online (link to our eshop home page) too!